"We gave them until [Monday], April 6th to file an answer," Sweeney says. "[Cash Money] said they were going to challenge the venue, so at that point, it was a waste of time and money, so we all agreed that we would dismiss the action [in New York] and Wayne and [his record label] Young Money would re-file in New Orleans."
"Lil Wayne and Young Money LLC have entered into a stipulation with Cash Money the effect of which is to transfer the claims raised in the action which had been commenced in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York to the Federal and/or State Courts of Louisiana," the rapper's legal team added in a statement to Rolling Stone.
"The claims previously asserted by Lil Wayne and Young Money LLC against Cash Money for substantial monies owed and breach of fiduciary duty have not been settled and will be prosecuted in Louisiana as expeditiously as possible," added his team.
No comments:
Post a Comment